Monday 1 October 2007

Rough week

It's been a rough week. Julia starting throwing up on Monday night and hasn't really stopped (now I'm just down to once a day and I'm better at not getting it on me). We walked into the hospital and she threw up all over me and all over her and these teenagers sitting there said, "that's disgusting!" I, of course, replied, "Why yes it is!" I then proceeded to the check-in counter and she wanted me to take a seat and wait in the waiting room. I was literally standing there dripping. I stood there looking at her. She told me again to take a seat and I politely replied, "Don't you think it's best if I go to a waiting room right now? I can clean both of us up then." Stomach flu - no surprise there.

The next evening we received the most unfortunate news that one of Michael's stellar paralegals husband was killed while riding a motorcycle. He was doing everything right and someone ran a stop sign. Please keep her in your prayers and their two young kids - 2.5 and 8 months. She's doing a good job of putting one foot in front of the other right now.

1 comment:

Miles and Jenny said...

oh that is terrible. I am so sorry. I will be praying that Julia gets better and the rest of your family doesn't get sick. And also for the family that lost their husband/dad. My prayers are with them as well. Such a horrid week.

Take care.