Wednesday 3 October 2007

October 3rd




Over to the far left is our town (I am on my way back from dropping JD off) with a little snow on the mountains. Next, our swing covered with hail. Jacqueline and I had just been reading about hail so it was so funny that we had this hailstorm (I am hearing they are a frequent occurrence).


Jacqueline and I spent Sunday afternoon watching over 45 para gliders sail over our house. We had fun guessing the colors b/c you can see they are pretty close! Then we went out and saw them land within 1/2 mile of our house!



It's beautiful again here (rain last week and snow on the mountains in Piancovallo). No, we still don't have the rest of our stuff, but we are still settling in somehow. We should hopefully get it by the end of the month. Many of you have e-mailed and I am so sorry I haven't responded, but we don't have Internet at the house yet. I am hoping by the end of the week. I only have about 30 minutes to do e-mail when I can get to the community center. I did have a little shopping excursion to Sacile, an absolutely beautiful town about 15km from our house. It is built on a river. I even got to have my favorite - gnocchi - for lunch. The fall bazaar was this past weekend. I didn't do any furniture purchasing, but I did buy alot of wine and cheese. I realized at 1 o'clock I was a little tipsy as I hadn't eaten b'fast or lunch (trying to do too much) and this sweet wine lady wanted me to try all of her wines. I did break down and buy white chocolate wine - yummy- and you serve it in miniature ice cream cones. They also had glass from Murano.
Last night, JD wanted to play with the neighbors kids so we went over into their yard. We all just stood there b/c I didn't know how to ask and they don't know any English. Somehow after about 5 minutes of gesturing we figured it out and she had a good time. I did start Italian yesterday - flexing parts of my brain that haven't been used in awhile! We'll see how much I learn.

No comments: