Sunday 26 October 2008

Preschool Festa

Today Jacqueline and I headed to the fall festival at her preschool. We made Halloween cupcakes with black and orange sprinkles. The festival started at 2:30 and we got home at 5:15!
They had a pumpkin and you could guess it's weight. I am not great at the metric system so I didn't guess. I did buy lottery tickets (all the money raised goes to buying new playground equipment) and a few Halloween items. Well, when I bought the lottery tickets, I didn't think about them calling the numbers out in Italian and the paper was different colors. I went and found an Italian who spoke English to help me out. I did okay with the numbers and it was a fun numbers quiz. YIKES. We won a dog mail holder and a temp. gauge. They even had a couch you could win!
I brought our cupcakes and set them with the rest of the goodies from the parents. Mine, needless to say, weren't as pretty as all the fruit tarts etc. I spoke with one of the Italian moms thinking (and hoping) the food came from one of the bakeries. Alas, it was not the case. They were all made at home and the mother looked horrified that I would even ask the question. I will say, my cupcakes were devoured. I also like these Italian school gatherings as they serve wine! Wonder how that would go over in the States?

No comments: