Friday 14 September 2007

pictures of Jacqueline's 1st day at the Asilo

Jacqueline running to Asilo - don't worry she was crossing the street carefully! She loves it. On the way to school she told me "she is big now and I wasn't allowed to cry about it." Today, she didn't want to leave and was upset she couldn't stay for the "big kids" lessons b/c she is a big kid too! She yelled at Michael that she gets to stay for lessons on Monday.

The nun - "We have nuns like in 'The Sound of Music' that we watched at G'ma and G'pa's."


Her room -


Her teacher Maestra Marzia. Love her. She and I are finding ways to communicate. She knows more English than she lets on - learned through the movies she told me today. I let her know I was starting lessons next month! The nuns just prattle on to me like I know Italian even though the know I don't.










The school - Michael said it looks like a war zone! Well, it does, but it's 100. I hope I look this good when I'm 100 especially if I've had thousands of children running all over me.







Pure Jacqueline, posing for her 1st day.














The video is of "the swing." I knew she would love it, and I can't get her off! Today she was excited b/c she got to sit in the front seat. There are some wierd blips in the video. She held her own against a boy who wanted her seat and thought he could bully her off. She did almost fall off shortly after the video, but she's got the hang of it now. Today she had me get on - yeah. My big butt, from all the pasta, wouldn't fit. No surprise there.
The two videos below didn't take -




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, sweetie. We're following along and keeping up with your adventures. Asher started preschool too and I cried my eyes out (JC cried too!). Our little one is adjusting well to the school-atmosphere. Speaking a bit of French already. AC