Saturday 15 March 2008

Flower show


Last Sunday, Jacqueline and I went to the Pordenone flower show. It was just like a home and garden show back in the states. She had to dress the part including flowery underwear! Thankfully, you won't be seeing that. Note the flower shirt, flower coat, flower shoes and flower skirt!
She sat on tractors, looked in motorhomes, had a butterfly land on her and we got shoved around a bit (the Italians don't like lines). We purchased a lemon tree, some strawberry bushes and a basket.


Yesterday, one of my girlfriends who is leaving this summer took me a on a field trip. We went to a bunch of stores and saw a terrific artist who paints easter egg ornaments and the like. Easter Egg trees are big here. I now have one, thanks to another friend. My other girlfriends took me to a store in Sacile that will stuff a big chocolate easter egg for you! Yum and fun all at the same time.


We also had a fabulous lunch by a stream. The rosemary bread was fresh and tasted just like rosemary bread should (we also had good cheese and eggplant on the sandwich along with a bottle of prosecco). Yummmm.

No comments: