Monday 29 December 2008

Buon Natale

We were very fortunate to have a wonderful Christmas. I have had some reflective time and truly feel so blessed that my family is healthy, happy and gainfully employed. We have a roof over our heads, children to love (and who love us). Santa made a stop at our house and we broke bread with some dear friends. Truly, truly, how blessed I am.
We are pretty isolated from what is happening in the states. I can't imagine what it must be like.
Santa brought the girls the dollhouse I grew up with. They can't stop playing with it. It did receive a few updates by the elves. It's been so fun watching them play with something I received such joy from when I was a child.
We received a true miracle later in the evening via big snowflakes. We had had a warm sunny day to enjoy and then this gift. Jacqueline was out early the next morning in her pj's making snow angels. She finally got in appropriate clothing and sledded down our little hill. The squeals were so much fun as was the watching. Julia wanted nothing to do with sledding or the snow. She also couldn't really walk to well in her snow boots. I ordered them a size too big I think. She looked cute though!!!
We were bums the rest of the days and enjoyed every minute of it. Now, we are off to the races with my parents arrival in a few short hours.

No comments: