Wednesday 19 November 2008

Lunch

Today Dawn and I hit a store for Christmas shopping and we both scored big! I can't put what I got b/c it is my sweet nieces Christmas present nor can I put Dawn's down b/c it is for her gift for their squadron Christmas party. We were smiling when we left the store b/c neither realized we'd come out with these awesome gifts.
Then, since we had some time to spare, we tried to go to lunch. We went to 4 restaurants. At the fourth, the man delivering bread started asking me if we were looking for a lunch place (except he used a different word than I knew) and I told him yes. He told me to follow him - we could barely keep up with him.
He took us to a restaurant I had been wanting to go to and Dawn had been once (but for dinner). The lady at the counter was none too pleased we were there at 11:45 - she kept saying to me "Presto. Presto." So we sat down and had a glass of Prosecco until they were open. We had a delicous crepe filled with cheese and speck (ham). Yummy! I love watching the Italians come in and eat. Most of them are dressed so nicely especially the older men - usually in a sport coat.
The days are getting crisp again and winter is definitely in the air. We had 10 straight days of rain and one day it didn't get any higher than 48. It's difficult for this Texas girl. The following morning though we woke up to snow on the mountains.
Julia turned 2 on Monday. I can't believe it. She is getting big, but thankfully can snuggle right down in my arms still. I'll post pictures of her party next. We just had a few friends over for dinner to celebrate. I'm not sure I really want to celebrate 2, I'd just like to fast forward to 4!

No comments: